"It's like making your own alcohol": factors influencing adolescent use of codeine-based cough syrup
PUBLICATION YEAR: 2022
TITLE AUTHOR(S): C.Groenewald, Z.Essack, A.Van Heerden
KEYWORDS: ADOLESCENTS, ALCOHOL
DEPARTMENT: Human and Social Capabilities (HSC)
Print: HSRC Library: shelf number 9812331
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
Related Research Outputs:
- 'It's like making your own alcohol at home': factors influencing adolescent use of over-the counter cough syrup
- Interpreting social determinants: emergent properties and adolescent risk behaviour
- A behavioural change intervention study for the prevention of childhood obesity in South Africa: protocol for a randomized controlled trial
- Adolescent HIV self-management: lived experiences of adolescents, caregivers, and health care workers in a South African context
- Pathways from witnessing community violence to mental health problems among South African adolescents
- Mobile sexual health services for adolescents: investigating the acceptability of youth-directed mobile clinic services in Cape Town, South Africa
- Banning alcohol during lockdown: it is not just about the virus or economics
- Differences in uptake of the DREAMS intervention in Lesotho among adolescent girls and young women
- Development of a cultural and contextual appropriate HIV self-management instrument using interpretive phenomenology and focus group cognitive interviews
- Be legally wise: when is parental consent required for adolescents' access to pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)?
- Navigating agency: adolescents' challenging dating violence towards gender equitable relationships in a South African township.
- Things less spoken: HIV research with adolescent boys and young men Implications for theory, policy and practice
- Closing the gap in programming for adolescents living with HIV in eastern and southern Africa: the role of social protection in positive prevention
- Prevalence of self-reported HIV testing and associated factors among adolescent girls and young women in South Africa: results from a 2017 nationally representative population-based HIV survey
- 'Being ALHIV': what do we know about adolescents living with HIV in South Africa?: fact sheet
- Predictors of suboptimal adherence to isoniazid preventive therapy among adolescents and children living with HIV
- What does social support sound like?: challenges and opportunities for using passive episodic audio collection to assess the social environment
- Mobile health interventions addressing childhood and adolescent obesity in Sub-Saharan Africa and Europe: current landscape and potential for future research
- Towards effective linkages of young people to sexual and reproductive health and rights services and support in eastern and southern Africa: perspectives from civil society
- Being ALHIV and staying alive: what do we know about adolescents living with HIV in South Africa?