An evaluation of language education models in Africa: findings & recommendations from the UNESCO Institute for Education-ADEA stocktaking report on Lingua
Download this report
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
Related Research Outputs:
- Cost implications of the provision of mother-tongue and strong bilingual models of education in Africa
- Language education evaluation in africa: reliablity and consequence: findings from a UNESCO-ADEA-GTZ stocktaking report on mother tongue and bilingual education in Africa
- The case for additive bilingual/multilingual models
- The merits of mother-tongue education
- Histoire, recherche actuelle et salle de classe: approches multilingues pratiques pour former les enseignants en Afrique
- Productive engagement with linguistic diversity in tension with globalised discourses in Ethiopia
- Terminology and school books in southern African languages: aren't there any?
- Language in education
- Theory and practice - language education models in Africa: research, design, decision-making and outcomes
- Where 'whole language' literacy and 'communicative' language teaching fail
- Dialogue in places of learning: youth amplified in South Africa
- Choice of language in education: do we know what South Africans want?
- Book review: Goetz, A.M., Hassim, S. (eds.) (2003). No shortcuts to power: African women in politics and policy making. Cape Town: Zed Books. 246 p. ISBN 1842771477
- Democracy in Africa: moving beyond a difficult legacy
- Book review: Legum, C. (2001) Africa since independence. Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press.105pp. & Abrahamsen, R. Disciplining democracy: development discourse and good governance in Africa. London: Zed Books. 168pp. & Salih, M. (2001) African democracies and African politics. London: Pluto Press. 234pp
- Fragments of democracy: nationalism, development and the state in Africa
- Educational research in the African development context: rediscovery, reconstruction and prospects
- Africa in the contemporary world
- Escaping Europe's clutches
- Managing African conflicts: the challenge of military intervention