HIV/AIDS in Southern Africa
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
Reports on the situation of HIV/AIDS in the SADC region, including an analysis of regional and six country policies and programmes, factors that promote or prevent further spread of HIV, including socio-cultural factors and those that mitigate the impact of the epidemic. Due to time constraints, most analyses are base don secondary data rather than on primary data collection. A survey of government and NGOs was carried out to obtain policy and programme implementation information, which yielded useful insights into how countries are responding to the problem of HIV/AIDS. Clearly much remains to be done to provide prevention and care programmes to significantly reduce the spread of HIV and offer care programmes that prolong life and reduce new orphans.
Related Research Outputs:
- HIV/AIDS in Southern Africa: executive summary
- Investment into eco-tourism projects: KwaZulu-Natal coastal belt: South Africa
- A review of HIV/AIDS policy, financing, legislation and programmes: South African case study: Draft
- A comparative analysis of the financing of HIV/AIDS programmes in Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe, October 2003
- NASFAM funding proposal for the National AIDS Commission
- Epidemiology of HIV in South Africa: results of a national, community-based survey
- Trends and policy challenges in the rural economy: four provincial case studies
- Rural development in South Africa: tensions between democracy and traditional authority
- Living with rats
- The importance of indigenous knowledge in reducing poverty of rural Agrarian households
- Gender, development and transport in rural South Africa: methodological, policy and implementation challenges
- Rural municipality case studies: land reform, farm employment and livelihoods
- Perceived HIV/AIDS prevalence, burden, and risk, Cape Town, South Africa
- Rural development: strategies and challenges
- Don't underestimate cities' role in rural growth
- Outcome 7: vibrant, equitable and sustainable rural communities and food security for all
- Sustainable rural development: employment and household farming
- Urban and rural areas: allies not rivals
- Whither agrarian reform in South Africa?
- Technological initiatives for rural development: evidence from eight comprehensive rural development programme pilot sites