Abstinence and faithfulness programmes for prevention of HIV/AIDS among young people: what are the current debates?
If you would like to obtain a copy of this Research Output, please contact Hanlie Baudin at email@example.com.
Questions have been raised on whether abstinence and faithfulness programs work, particularly for young people. Research is needed for evidence-based documentation of the effectiveness or otherwise of abstinence and faithfulness programmes in young people. The review looks at the relevant studies already available, classification of these studies and the review of data and analysis of findings.
Related Research Outputs:
- Evaluation of an intervention to encourage abstinence and faithfulness among youth (ABY) in South Africa
- Role of parents in supporting youth who participate in abstinence and be faithful (AB) interventions in South Africa
- Young South Africans' views on, and perceptions of, abstinence and faithfulness
- Evaluation of HIV/AIDS prevention intervention messages on a rural sample of South African youth's knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours over a period of 15 months
- State of the epidemic: progress and challenges in prevention among youth: part 1 - epidemiology of HIV among youth in South Africa
- Innovative mobilization strategies for attracting at risk youth and young adults to participate in community-based voluntary counselling and testing in rural Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa (Project Accept - HPTN 043)
- HIV and youth: a behavioural perspective
- HIV prevalence survey 2008 (and Educators Study 2005): implications for the Department of Basic Education?
- Family-based HIV prevention and intervention services for youth living in poverty-affected contexts: the CHAMP model of collaborative, evidence-informed programme development
- A community-based study to examine the effect of a youth HIV prevention programme in South Africa
- Rethinking HIV prevention to prepare for oral PrEP implementation for young African women
- Review of the HIV/AIDS policy, legislation, financing & implementation of programmes in Mozambique
- Fertility: current South African issues of poverty, HIV/AIDS & youth: seminar proceedings
- A review of HIV/AIDS policy, financing, legislation and programmes: South African case study: Draft
- The impact of HIV/AIDS on the health sector: national survey of health personnel, ambulatory and hospitalised patients and health facilities, 2002
- Prevention of mother to child transmission: a report of an assessment of a pilot programme in fifteen health facilities in Gauteng province
- A comparative analysis of the financing of HIV/AIDS programmes in Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe, October 2003
- Using CHAMP to prevent youth HIV risk in South African townships
- HIV/AIDS/STD knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours in a rural South African adult population
- Evaluation on non-profit organisations in the Free State Province in the field of HIV/AIDS: first draft report